Thursday, March 21, 2013

Finger Knitting Woven Rug

Here's our progress with the finger knitting rug.

I caved and went to the next town over to buy this yarn. Our local didn't have these sunny colours. And I really wanted to continue with the sunny colours. This side will be the back. I have a few ends to weave in. Rafael has taken over the making of this rug. I'm pleased. Less time with wanting a head in a screen.
 He has already finger knit a yellow strip and woven it in. We are figuring if we should add a few more spokes to keep the weaving tight. hmmm, not sure I want to tackle that. When I make my t-shirt one, I'll start with more spokes from the beginning.

I first saw this project at Spoonful, but it was Flax and Twine that inspired me to do it with finger knitting. Thanks Anne.

I'm joining Ginny over at Small Things for Yarn along. Finger knitting is a form of knitting right? And we are using yarn yes? Maybe I am pushing it a bit. :}
Also glad to be a part of The Magic Onions for Friday's Nature Table.
And Creative Friday at natural Suburbia

Thanks for stopping by.
Amanda

8 comments:

  1. very nice, love the colours. How large will it be when it's done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great colours!! Can't wait to see it when it is finished, I always loved this style. I tried making a rag rug once, it turned out a bit crooked to say the least :) Maybe I would have a better chance with finger knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sunny colours. Intrigued to see how you finish this off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful, I just love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! It looks fabulous! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Amanda,
    Just wanted to let you know I've put a link to you on my blog.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spokes look like they are each 2 strands. Couldn't you separate and weave in between them? They wouldn't be evenly spaced, but when you cut it free I'd think you could pull them over a bit to even it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is such a great project!! I will definitely have to give this one a try...It will be nice to watch your progress on it :) xx

    ReplyDelete