Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wooden Bird houses of an unusual sort

If you've been reading me for some time, you'll know I have an uncle who's been with me for many, many years. He's looked after my children and me over the years and is like the 5th person in our family. We're no longer just an 8 minute walk from each other, but facetime and emails help. 
You may remember the Uncle's Faery cottage he made a few years ago.
Finally, he's answered his calling and has been creating these amazing bird houses from reclaimed wood.
 He's also likes succulents and mosses.

 Aren't they just darling?!
 How bout this little farm house?
 This one has an over growing roof. I've learned in these parts that if your roof has moss on it, it's probably the only thing keeping it together. Do NOT mess with it.
(sorry for poor quality. My fault)
 Bird condo or party house?
 Must be artsy folk live in this one.
 Yep, a fine talent unleashed!
I know I'll be keeping an eye out for reclaimed wood around these parts for him. Maybe he'll even come up to get them.:}
Hugs uncle.

Cheers,
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. They are absolutely charming! Are they for show, or can they accommodate actual birds? They seem so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these wooden bird houses! I love it, I am determined to make some over the summer, cant wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete