Thursday, December 5, 2013

of things burlap-ed

I'm in a decorating mood. A Christmas decorating mood.
But in orange. No reds or greens here. 
I'm decorating the brewery in burlap, doilies, silver and orange. Lots of orange.
These jars will hold tea lights.
 Stairs wrapped in burlap, silver ribbon and glitter balls. 
The stockings are made from grain sacks. 
That's only a little example of other plans I have for grain sacks. Can't wait to have time to do them.
 And on the tree..
Burlap wrapped balls... white Linen wrapped balls and orange too.
 Snowflake wool hearts... burlap and orange ones too.
 Burlap and doily stars
Oh, I forgot to show the burlap bunting. 
But more pics will follow. With a proper camera, in proper light. When it's all done. 
A few more touches and it will be good.

I also made this little canvas for an art auction at the art centre.
It's a great, fun fundraiser.
How it works: 
You buy 2 canvasses for $10.
Decorate them as you wish.
Once they are displayed, they are for sale for $25 each. the artist gets $10 back and the centre gets $15.
Ones unsold are returned to the owner.
It was a lot of fun to do and to see all the canvasses, trying to guess who painted what.
Various levels of talent and various mediums.

That's it for now,
Cheers,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I have a pile of orange burlap - wish that I lived closer.....

    ReplyDelete